Trusted, honest, bright.
Caring, confident, and an excellent listener, Maude Lavoie is truly valued by everybody with whom she works. A knowledgeable multi-tasker, and trusted advisor, she delivers quickly and comprehensively on all her mandates and client needs.
Over the course of her career, Maude has developed extensive expertise in the real estate and securities sectors, always staying abreast of the latest practices, and accounting and assurance standards. She is involved in the application of IFRS standards to complex operations and has helped several clients through successful business acquisitions. She also has detailed knowledge of analytical software, which makes her very efficient in her work.
Generous and profoundly respectful of her co-workers and clients, she celebrates others’ successes and strives to help her team members rise to each occasion through mentorship and development opportunities. Maude provides an immense value to each project, mandate and client experience.
Fields of expertise
- External audit
- Internal Audit
- Risk Assessment
- Review of processes and internal controls
- Substantive procedures execution
- Review of financial statement disclosures
- Real estate
- Securities sector
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Graduate diploma in accounting – CA, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2008
- Bachelor of accounting, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2007
Professional and community involvement
- CREW M – Treasurer, since 2019
- CREW M – Member of the Forum committee, 2015-2017
- CREW M – Member, since 2013
- L’Effet A – Participant in the second cohort, 2015
- Quoted in an article by Anne Gaignaire, “Entrée massive des femmes dans le boys’ club,” Les Affaires, December 2016.
- Quoted in an article by Anne Gaignaire, “Des stratégies pour donner un coup de pouce,” Les Affaires, December 2016.
- Trainer. ASPE and the Real Estate industry: Participant’s Manual. 2013-2014 Professional Development Program, Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, 2013.