Experienced, focused, dynamic.
Shawn Travitsky is a professional known for his ability to provide impeccable service and results. Over 15 years of experience providing corporate restructuring and business advisory services to both private and public companies has made him one of the best in his field.
Shawn works closely with corporate clients as well as their banking associates, assisting them with key business activities such as the review of business plans, cash flow projections and reporting to banks. He has also been an invaluable team member on numerous insolvency mandates, under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act as well as the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act.
Shawn also plays an integral role in the management and training of our next generation of professional staff, providing them with direction and in-depth knowledge of consulting best practices for businesses and banks.
A consummate professional, Shawn is a master at addressing the key issues facing all parties involved in corporate turnaround and insolvencies in order to develop and implement successful resolution strategies for his clients. Thorough and diligent, he gets the job done and inspires respect from everyone on his team.
Fields of expertise
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
- Financial Restructurings
- Business Assessments
- Short-term Cash Flow Projections
- Financial Forecasts / Business Models
- Real estate
- Pharmaceutical and health sector
- Food and agriculture
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee, 2013
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 2013
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1997
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, 1996
- B.Com., Accounting, Concordia University, 1991
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals – Member, since 2013
- Speaker. Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) presentation at annual conference. August 2014.
- CCAA Monitor for Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Canada Co. overseeing the creation and distribution of a $450 million indemnity fund for the Lac-Megantic train derailment.
- Trustee to the bankruptcy of Pharmetics (2011) Inc., a leading contract pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Notice of intention and Bankruptcy Trustee to Noveko International Inc., specialist in the air filtration industry providing innovative and eco-energetic solutions.
- Advisor to the secured creditor of Écolait Limited in the context of the sale of the business as a going concern.
- Financial advisor to the Lender of a major leader in home fashion and design.
- Liquidator to a large real estate portfolio in Montreal.