Tasso LagiosManaging Partner | CPA
- Download V-Card
Visionary, dedicated, strategic.
As a business owner, you continue to innovate, create and change the community we all live in. Understanding your personal and family objectives allows us to better align your personal objectives with your business interests.
Tasso has been working with and guiding highly successful business owners, entrepreneurs, and their families on a variety of matters dealing with wealth transition, business succession, governance and a whole array of complex taxation matters. He understands the importance of aligning estate planning and wills, trusts, shareholder agreements, matrimonial regimes and life insurance so that all personal and business objectives are integrated.
His ability to listen, understand and synthesize the many complex issues faced by high-net-worth individuals makes him a valued partner for more than just his business acumen and creativity. For more than 30 years, Tasso’s goal has been to make every client feel comfortable and confident that their financial roadmap is in dedicated hands.
Tasso’s temperament and unique skill set allows him to sit on the advisory board of successful business families and act as an effective mediator on sensitive matters such as shareholder disputes.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate reorganizations
- Employee compensation
- Business family and family business taxation matters
- Dispute resolution
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1989
- B.Com., McGill University, 1985
Professional and community involvement
- International Fiscal Association – Member
- International Tax Planning Association – Member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) – Member
- Canadian Tax Foundation – Member
- Segal Centre for Performing Arts – Board Member
- Richter – Board Member
- Interviewed by François Normand. “Ces PME qui ne font pas leur âge”, Les Affaires. October 2020
- Quoted in “Richter: A Montreal Institution – 95 Years in the Making’”, The Montrealer, December 2021.
- Quoted in “Five things that can go wrong at the family office”, Canadian Family Offices , December 2021.
- Quoted in “First comes love, then comes prenup?”, Canadian Family Offices , August 2021.
- Quoted in “Ces PME qui ne font pas leur âge”, Les Affaires, October 2020.
Life is full of uncertainties. Taxes don’t have to be one of them. Inadequate tax planning or improper handling of tax issues can result in major financial consequences and restrict your company’s growth.
Estate and Tax Planning to Protect your Legacy
Integrating your tax structuring is crucial for all ultra-high-net-worth families. This includes will planning, the use of trust, estate planning, and investment structure optimization — all of which maximizes tax efficiencies and minimizes the burden on you and the next generations.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?
Creating And Managing Your Wealth
Since inception, we have been driven by independence and objectivity. We are not beholden to one investment solution or limited by the number of investment opportunities available to us.
Giving Back To The Community – Philanthropy
Charitable giving is often an expression of your core values; it represents you and your legacy to the community. It can also be a family project that brings the next generation into the fold in a meaningful way.
Keeping Your Family Safe
Life insurance can be an investment for families to provide liquidity at death or for philanthropic objectives. We help you evaluate if life insurance can meet objectives.
Navigating Family Dynamics – Governance
With great wealth comes great responsibilities towards the community, family members and generations to follow. Developing clear governance systems ensures family harmony and, ultimately, intergenerational success.
Preparing Your Next Generation – Financial Literacy Program
Richter’s Financial Literacy program is a customizable way to educate family members around key areas of family wealth and business management.