Dedicated, empathetic, passionate.
Vincent De Angelis is one of those people that you just want in your corner. Driven to find success for his clients, Vincent uses his affable nature and vast expertise to guide clients on their financial journeys.
Vincent has focused his practice on structuring purchase and sale transactions undertaken by both Canadian and non-residents of Canada, the reorganization of shareholdings of Canadian privately owned corporations as well as providing consultation services in all areas of Canadian income tax compliance matters for both private and public corporations and their executive teams.
Regardless of the sector, geographical location, or complexity of their situations, Vincent helps his clients through it all, and in the process, makes them feel right at home.
Fields of expertise
- Structuring purchase and sale transactions
- Reorganization of shareholdings
- Canadian income tax
- Real Estate
- Health Services
- Levels I-III In-depth Tax Course, corporate reorganization, CICA (now CPA Canada), 2001-2004
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1998
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, McGill University, 1996
- B.A. Economics and Finance, University of Western Ontario, 1994
Professional and community involvement
- McGill University’s Graduate Diploma in Taxation Program – Lecturer, 2004-2006
- Canadian Tax Foundation – Member, since 2001
- Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec – Member, since 1998
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario – Member, since 1997
- Author. “The EIFEL Rules: A Significant Reduction to Interest Deductions”, Espace Montréal Magazine, July 2022
- Author. “Naviguer dans le labyrinthe fiscal: l’entrepreneur et l’immobilier” Espace Montréal magazine, October 2021.
- Author. “Passive income tax and impact on real restate investments,” Espace Montréal magazine, December 2018.
- Author. “Taxation of Tenant Inducement Payments; Recent Jurisprudence,” Espace Montréal magazine, September 2018.
- Co-author. “Pay Attention to Tenant Inducement Payments (TIPs): Court of Quebec rules that a TIP is not a current expense
and is therefore not deductible from income in Motter v. Agence du revenu du Québec.” Espace Montréal magazine, September 2018.
- Co-author. “The Art of the Deal: Sales Considerations in Mixed-Use Properties.” Espace Montréal magazine, March 2016.
- Author. “A Saga of Never-Ending Battle: Capital Gains vs. Business Income”. Espace Montréal magazine, March 2014.
- With Harvey Sands. “Essential Myth Busting,” Espace Montréal magazine, December 2012.
- With Harvey Sands. “Tenant Inducements Payments,” Espace Montréal magazine, January 2012.
- Author. “Nouveaux pays : nouvelles règles,” Génération INC., December 2011.
- Author. “Structuring the Ownership of Real Estate: Back to the Drawing Board,” Espace Montréal magazine, April 2011.
- Author. “Investing in Commercial Real Estate Abroad,” Espace Montréal magazine, October 2010.
- Author. “Investing in Canada through an LLC,” The Tax Adviser, August 2010.
- With Phil Nadler. “Property Conversions,” Espace Montréal magazine, June 2008.
Life is full of uncertainties. Taxes don’t have to be one of them. Inadequate tax planning or improper handling of tax issues can result in major financial consequences and restrict your company’s growth.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?