Irina Oks is a Vice President with extensive experience in transfer pricing and international tax advisory. Irina has been involved in providing advice on cross-border taxation, as well as preparing transfer pricing documentation and providing audit defense support to various clients ranging from owner-managed businesses to large multinational corporations.
Irina advises clients on the structuring of their international operations and the pricing of cross-border intercompany transactions. Irina analyzes inter-company pricing policies, prepares transfer pricing documentation and provides audit defense support to multinational corporations in various industries including the apparel, pharmaceutical, real estate and service industries. Irina develops financial models to assess companies’ global tax positions and provides them with recommendations to achieve their business objectives in the most tax-efficient manner. Irina also advises clients on complex cross-border taxation issues including treaty application, withholding taxes and permanent establishment.
Fields of expertise
- Information technology
- In-Depth Tax Course (Levels I-III), CPA Canada, 2012
- M.A. (Economics), Tel-Aviv University, Israel, 2006
- B.A. (Economics), Tel-Aviv University, Israel, 2004
- Co-presenter, Taxation of Non-Resident Trusts in Canada, Workshop, Canadian Tax Foundation Annual Conference, November 2015
- Co-presenter, The Taxation of Non-Resident Trusts in Canada, Canadian Tax Foundation, May 2015
- Co-presenter, The Taxation of Non-Resident Trusts in Canada, STEP Canada, May 2015
- Co-author, “Can Transfer Pricing Rules be Applied to an Arm’s Length Sale?,” CCH Tax Topics, no. 2197, April 2014