Shawn Travitsky has over 15 years of experience providing corporate restructuring and business advisory services to both private and public companies. He has developed in-depth expertise in a variety of sectors including the manufacturing, apparel, printing, retail, construction, real estate, textiles and biotech industries.
Shawn is a vice president in Richter’s Restructuring and Insolvency group. He works closely with corporate clients as well as their banking associates, assisting them with key business activities such as the review of business plans, cash flow projections and reporting to banks. He has also been an invaluable team member on numerous insolvency mandates, under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act as well as the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. Shawn is skilled at addressing the key issues facing all parties involved in corporate turnaround and insolvencies, in order to develop and implement successful resolution strategies for his clients.
Shawn also plays an integral role in the management and training of our next generation professional staff, providing them with direction and in-depth knowledge of consulting best practices for businesses and banks.
Fields of expertise
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
- Financial Restructurings
- Business Assessments
- Short-term Cash Flow Projections
- Financial Forecasts / Business Models
- Real estate
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals - Member since 2013
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee, 2013
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 2013
- Chartered Public Accountant (CPA, CA), 1997
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, 1996
- B.Com., Accounting, Concordia University, 1991