Resourceful, pragmatic, dynamic.
As a trusted advisor to families, businesses and professionals for nearly 15 years, Alana has a remarkable ability to work successfully in all situations. This skill, combined with her technical expertise in business valuation, financial litigation, accounting and taxation, means projects are completed efficiently, with minimal disruption to your business or family affairs.
Alana’s thoughtful approach goes beyond the numbers and takes into account what’s important to all stakeholders, ensuring that their concerns are understood and addressed.
As a mother of three young boys, a partner at Richter and an active member of professional and philanthropic communities, Alana’s energy is consistently infectious.
Alana specializes in valuation-related professional services in areas including family succession, employee incentives, shareholder disputes and commercial litigation, mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, matrimonial proceedings and quantification of damages. Alana is practical and methodical in her approach to problem-solving and prides herself on being creative and collaborative.
Everyone enjoys working with Alana – colleagues, clients, lawyers and other stakeholders. The reason is simple: Alana delivers outstanding results, thoughtfully, efficiently and in a timely manner.
Fields of expertise
- Business valuation and financial litigation
- Shareholder agreements
- Employee incentives
- Mergers and acquisitions (sell-side, buy-side)
- Shareholder disputes and commercial litigation
- Financial reporting
- Quantification of damages
- Matrimonial proceedings
- Consumer Products
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Real Estate
- American Institute of CPAs, Certified in Financial Forensics, 2014
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV), 2012
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, 2006
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, McGill University, 2006
- Honours B.Com, McGill University, 2004
Professional and community involvement
- Montreal Association for the Blind Mackay Foundation – Member of the board of Directors, since 2018; Philanthropy Committee member, since 2016
- Israel Cancer Research Fund, Women of Action – Co-Chair, since 2017
- The Montreal Children’s Hospital – Stroll for Kids (raised $500,000+ for the Hospital) – Co-Founder and Co-Chair, since 2015
- Federation CJA: Chamber of Commerce – Event Co-Chair, 2015; Leadership Development Program participant, 2013-2014
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) – Montreal Workshop Committee Member, since 2013; Recipient of the Scholastic Achievement Award, 2012
- The Climate Reality Project – Treasurer to the Board, 2011-2014
- In collaboration with Andrew Michelin, CPA, CA, CBV, ASA. “Understanding EBITDA Multiples: If cash is king, why does everyone talk about EBITDA?.”, April 2013.