Thoughtful, dynamic, resourceful.
As a trusted advisor to corporate executives, business owners and their families, as well as the legal community for more than 15 years, Alana is a partner at Richter specializing in business valuation and dispute resolution.
She thrives when engaging on sensitive shareholder matters including dispute resolution, succession, governance and compensation. Her thoughtful and empathetic style goes beyond the numbers ensuring the concerns of all stakeholders are understood and addressed. She is practical and methodical in her approach to problem-solving and prides herself on being creative and collaborative.
Alana is originally from Toronto and currently resides in Montreal, working actively in both cities. Outside the office – she is a doting mother of four young boys and enjoys contributing meaningfully to community life. She is passionately involved in causes concerning children’s health and diversity & inclusion. She is an active member of the Chartered Business Valuation community.
Fields of expertise
- Business valuation
- Shareholder disputes and commercial litigation
- Ownership agreements
- Employee incentives
- Business transition and succession
- Financial reporting
- Quantification of damages
- Matrimonial proceedings
- Consumer Products
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Real Estate
- American Institute of CPAs, Certified in Financial Forensics, 2014
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV), 2012
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, 2006
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, McGill University, 2006
- Honours B.Com, McGill University, 2004
Professional and community involvement
- Habilitas Foundation (formely Montreal Association for the Blind Mackay Foundation) – Member of the Board of Directors, since 2018; Member of the Outreach Committee, since 2018; Philanthropy Committee member, 2016-2018
- Israel Cancer Research Fund, Women of Action – Co-Chair, since 2017
- The Montreal Children’s Hospital – Stroll for Kids (raised $850,000+ for the Hospital) – Co-Founder and Co-Chair, since 2015
- Federation CJA: Chamber of Commerce – Event Co-Chair, 2015; Leadership Development Program participant, 2013-2014
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) – Various speaking engagements, since 2019; Montreal Workshop Committee Member, since 2013; Recipient of the Scholastic Achievement Award, 2012
- The Climate Reality Project – Treasurer to the Board, 2011-2014
Public recognition – Recent and upcoming articles and presentations
- Author and Presenter of Business Transitions Forum Workshop: “The Valuation Levers – What’s Your Company Really Worth?”, September 2020
- Co-Author and Presenter of CBV Workshop: “Repricing Risk: Valuation and Damages During COVID-19”, June 2020
- Contributing author of CBV Workshop: “Fair Market Value of Minority Interest in Real Estate”, November 2019
- Co-Author and Presenter of CBV Workshop: “Litigation Support Practices”, September 2019