Practical, fun, multifaceted.
Ian Weinstein is an easy-going, team player that brings a creative and practical approach to his clients’ needs. Whether it’s a transaction advisory or valuation mandate, Ian’s vast skill-set offers a well-rounded perspective.
Ian is a highly trusted advisor in the field of mergers and acquisitions and leads mandates ranging from assessing quality of earnings and working capital to advising his clients on a divestiture and recapitalization transaction.
Ian also has significant experience in valuation mandates, including privately- and publicly-held companies, financial reporting (valuation of intangible assets, purchase price allocations and impairment testing), formal valuations, as well as fairness opinions.
Fields of expertise
- Business valuations
- Due diligence
- Fairness opinions
- Financial litigation
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Quality of earnings
- Transaction advisory services
- Vendor assistance
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 2008
- Com., McGill University, 2007
Professional and Community Involvement
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) – Member
- Ordre des CPA du Québec – Member
- Plus 1 – Member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer
- Jewish General Hospital Foundation – Member of the Board of Directors, Generation N Committee
- Jewish National Fund of Canada – Member of the Board of Directors