Eric BarbieriPartner | CPA, CTP, CIRP, LIT
- Download V-Card
Composed, efficient, focused.
Eric is a seasoned advisory professional with 20 years of experience in transaction advisory and corporate reorganizations. His poised demeanour, combined with his strong analytical and business skills, has enabled Eric to successfully lead some of our most complex and sensitive engagements.
Eric’s clients appreciate the focused and responsive approach he brings to each engagement – engagements which include business assessments, transaction advisory mandates, turnarounds, and financial reorganizations. Eric is also extremely skilled in developing and assessing business plans, financial projections, cash flow forecasts and turnaround plans.
As a partner in Richter’s Transaction Advisory practice, Eric is a trusted resource to management teams, investors and lenders of mid-market companies throughout North America. Eric is also a lead partner in our Indigenous Advisory practice, assisting several Indigenous communities in the areas of Impact and Benefit Agreement (IBA) negotiations, as well as the assessment of investment and business opportunities.
Fields of expertise
- Transaction advisory
- Financial advisory
- Business assessment
- Turnaround management
- Financial reorganization
- Liquidity analysis
- Insolvency consulting
- Distribution and logistics
- Equipment leasing
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT), 2017
- Canadian Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 2017
- Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), 2010
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1998
- Graduate Degree in Public Accountancy, John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, 1998
- B. Com., McGill University, 1996 (Great Distinction)
Professional and community involvement
- Turnaround Management Association – Member
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals – Member
- Executive training seminars for leading financial institutions on topics including workout fundamentals and liquidity management in distressed situations.
- Author. “Riding the Commodity Roller Coaster – Volatility is the New Normal”, Journal of Corporate Renewal, TMA. July and August 2012.
Transaction Advisory Services
Considerations around transactions – buying, selling, expanding or restructuring – are major considerations, and oftentimes more questions arise after making your initiative decision to buy (or sell, or expand, or restructure…)
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?
Crisis Management & Restructuring
When a potential risk becomes a real risk, a company and its stakeholders, with varying motivations and interests, often need to navigate a complex web of decisions.
First Nations and Indigenous Advisory
Issues such as land claims and resource development projects are crucial yet delicate matters that impact First Nations and Indigenous communities and need careful navigation with various stakeholders.