Practical, fun, multifaceted.
Ian Weinstein is an easy-going, team player that brings a creative and practical approach to his clients’ needs. Whether it’s a transaction advisory or valuation mandate, Ian’s vast skill-set offers a well-rounded perspective.
Ian is a highly trusted advisor in the field of mergers and acquisitions and leads mandates ranging from assessing quality of earnings and working capital to advising his clients on a divestiture and recapitalization transaction.
Ian also has significant experience in valuation mandates, including privately- and publicly-held companies, financial reporting (valuation of intangible assets, purchase price allocations and impairment testing), formal valuations, as well as fairness opinions.
Fields of expertise
- Business valuations
- Due diligence
- Fairness opinions
- Financial litigation
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Quality of earnings
- Transaction advisory services
- Vendor assistance
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 2008
- Com., McGill University, 2007
Professional and Community Involvement
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) – Member
- Ordre des CPA du Québec – Member
- Plus 1 – Member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer
- Jewish General Hospital Foundation – Member of the Board of Directors, Generation N Committee
- Jewish National Fund of Canada – Member of the Board of Directors
Transaction Advisory Services
Considerations around transactions – buying, selling, expanding or restructuring – are major considerations, and oftentimes more questions arise after making your initiative decision to buy (or sell, or expand, or restructure…)
How much is your business worth? At what price could it be sold? What percentage should you give up to bring in new investors? Is the purchase worth the price tag?
Litigation Support and Dispute Resolution
Complex matters involving serious disputes is a major distraction to your business and could cost you (potentially) millions of dollars in lost profits.