Discreet, diligent, intellectually curious.
Danny Ritter believes that the financial well-being of a family is less about which securities are owned but rather that the overall portfolio approach taken is thoughtful and relevant. A thoughtful approach means ensuring the various existing family assets come together to provide a truly unique return stream. A relevant approach means ensuring that the resulting portfolio ultimately meets the investment needs and objectives of the family.
Danny was the pioneer in building a truly independent multi-family office that offers an integrated holistic approach to portfolio construction. Since the founding of Richter Family Office in 2001, Danny has been a trusted, reliable confidant and advisor to families he works with and for whom he cares deeply. Through his methodical discovery process using various tools, Danny helps families build a framework around portfolio construction that can serve as a roadmap for future reference for the family and their heirs.
Danny takes on the role of family fiduciary as a fundamental priority. He ensures his clients’ interests are always at the forefront, and that the vetting of traditional and alternative investment solutions is done with intense rigour, while keeping after-tax returns in mind.
Fields of expertise
- Investment manager selection
- Asset allocation
- Portfolio construction
- Investor psychology
- Integration of income and estate tax considerations
- Extensive exposure and understanding of alternative investment strategies
- Negotiated access and fees to traditional and niche investment opportunities
- Family Office
- CFA Charterholder, 2002
- Canadian Securities Course, (Honours, Award of Excellence for Exceptional Academic Achievement), 1999
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1996
- Graduate Diploma in Financial Accounting, McGill University, 1995
- B.Com, McGill University (Great Distinction, Dean’s Honour List), 1993
Professional and community involvement
- Auctus Property Fund Limited Partnership – Board Member, since 2015
- Save a Child’s Heart Canada (SACH) – Board Member, since 2015
- Richter LLP – Board Member, since 2010
- McGill University Endowment – Investment Committee Member, 2008-2017
- PME Fund – Funding Committee Member, since 2008
- Jewish Community Foundation of Montreal (JCF) – Treasurer, Executive Board Member and Investment Committee Member, since 2006
- Member of the CFA Institute
- Portfolio Manager in Ontario, Alberta and Quebec, since 2001