Dynamic, personable, insightful.
With nearly 15 years of experience providing financial advisory services to senior management teams, boards, and special committees, Brett manages every mandate with a calm demeanour and a practical approach to problem solving.
Well respected in his field, Brett is a sought-after business advisor with a depth of experience that extends across a variety of industries including pharmaceuticals, life sciences, mining, retail and food and beverage, as well as emerging areas such as cannabis and online betting and gaming. Brett works closely with his clients offering value quantification, financial modelling, and transaction advisory support for corporate growth, strategic option assessments, acquisition, divestiture and restructuring initiatives.
Brett’s work ethic goes beyond preparation of high impact deliverables to ensure the concerns of all stakeholders are understood and addressed. A strong believer in seeking knowledge, embracing change, and relationship building, Brett approaches each mandate with the goal to create value for his clients and their stakeholders while always remaining pragmatic.
Fields of expertise
- Business valuation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Financial modeling
- Strategic reviews
- Corporate growth
- Business transition and succession planning
- Life sciences
- Food and beverage
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 2010
- Charted Business Valuator (CBV), 2016
- Bachelors of Science, Bucknell University, 2007
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA), 2014
Professional and community involvement
- Food for the Poor Canada, Director, since 2016
- Bronze Medalist – Chartered Business Valuator Membership Qualification Exam, 2016
- Author and co-author of various publications on the cannabis and life science industries, 2018-Present
How much is your business worth? At what price could it be sold? What percentage should you give up to bring in new investors? Is the purchase worth the price tag?
Transaction Advisory Services
Considerations around transactions – buying, selling, expanding or restructuring – are major considerations, and oftentimes more questions arise after making your initiative decision to buy (or sell, or expand, or restructure…)