Personable, creative, enthusiastic.
Accomplished, driven, yet known for his kindness, Greg has big ideas that match the scope of his ambition. A great people connector he loves to build durable, effective business relationships. His enthusiastic nature means that he is ready to jump whole-heartedly into every project he takes on.
Greg is a seasoned wealth management professional with almost 30 years’ experience in global financial markets, working with individuals, institutions, and family offices. Greg brings a unique, holistic approach to wealth management and works with professionals in a segment of the market that sees value in working alongside an independent, trusted advisor as part of their overarching wealth management solution.
As a Family Enterprise Advisor (FEA), Greg works with families to help them navigate the complexities of wealth and legacy transmission. Bringing together both a technical skill set, as well as a deep understanding of relational family and enterprise strategy issues, he strives to help families address complex problems through open communication and trust.
In addition to his business development and relationship management roles, Greg is actively involved in ongoing investment manager due diligence and manager selection to ensure that RFO clients continue to receive access to unique, best in class investment solutions. Bringing a thoughtful approach to asset allocation and portfolio construction, Greg works closely with families to help them bridge the gap between a complex investment landscape and their own unique investment goals.
*Richter Family Office is a registered trade name. The Richter Family Office group is comprised of Richter LLP and its subsidiary,
RFO Capital Inc., a registered portfolio manager. Richter LLP is an independent firm that provides family office, accounting, tax and business consulting services, with wealth, investment advisory, portfolio management and consolidated wealth reporting services provided via RFO Capital Inc.
Fields of Expertise
- Investment strategy: development and execution
- Market analysis and commentary
- Family Enterprise Advisor, 2019
- CFA Charterholder, 2001
- BA, English Literature, McGill, 1989
Professional and community involvement
- Atlantic Salmon Federation – Toronto Advisory Board, since 2017
- Canada’s Great Kitchen Party – Toronto Advisory Board, since 2010
- Quoted in the article “How much money do you need to be happy?
Clients struggle to find the sweet spot”, Canadian Family Offices. January 2022.
- Quoted in “What does success look like at the family office? Execs weigh in”, Canadian Family Offices. November 2021.
- Quoted in “Changing makeup of today’s families drives dramatic shift in how they manage”, Canadian Family Offices. September 2021.
- Quoted in “For business families facing generation gaps, the stats aren’t good”, Canadian Family Offices. August 2021.
- Quoted in “Six Canadian family-office leaders and the books that energized them”, Canadian Family Offices. August 2021.
- Quoted in “Pandemic drives home need for picking next boss of the family business”, Canadian Family Offices. June 2021.
- Quoted in an article by Marjo Johne. “ETFs keep up the pace, with much room to grow in 2020”. The Globe and Mail. November 2019.
- Quoted. “How a family office can ensure generations of success”. Report on business. October 2019.
- Quoted in the article “How much money do you need to be happy? Clients struggle to find the sweet spot”, Canadian Family Offices. January 2022
Creating And Managing Your Wealth
Since inception, we have been driven by independence and objectivity. We are not beholden to one investment solution or limited by the number of investment opportunities available to us.
Navigating Family Dynamics – Governance
With great wealth comes great responsibilities towards the community, family members and generations to follow. Developing clear governance systems ensures family harmony and, ultimately, intergenerational success.
Giving Back To The Community – Philanthropy
Charitable giving is often an expression of your core values; it represents you and your legacy to the community. It can also be a family project that brings the next generation into the fold in a meaningful way.
Keeping Your Family Safe
Life insurance can be an investment for families to provide liquidity at death or for philanthropic objectives. We help you evaluate if life insurance can meet objectives.
Preparing Your Next Generation – Financial Literacy Program
Richter’s Financial Literacy program is a customizable way to educate family members around key areas of family wealth and business management.
Estate and Tax Planning to Protect your Legacy
Integrating your tax structuring is crucial for all ultra-high-net-worth families. This includes will planning, the use of trust, estate planning, and investment structure optimization — all of which maximizes tax efficiencies and minimizes the burden on you and the next generations.