Pragmatic, optimistic, purposeful.
As you map out your financial success, the most valuable partner you can have is one who has the confidence to diplomatically play devil’s advocate and offer perspectives that others may not have considered.
Vimal’s soft-spoken nature belies his tough but fair style. These qualities, combined with his ability to lead by example, helped make Vimal a revered leader in our team. He is also a prominent leader within our Indigenous Advisory Services Group, providing valuation expertise.
With a pragmatic yet optimistic approach, Vimal provides advisory services to lawyers, boards of directors, CFOs, shareholders, regulatory bodies and governmental organizations.
Fields of expertise
- Business valuation
- Litigation support
- Mergers & acquisition/divestitures
- Valuations for financial reporting
- Intellectual property
- Domestic & international arbitrations
- Indigenous advisory
- Retail / Wholesale
- Real estate
- Renewable energy
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) credential
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), Silver medalist
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA)
- MBA, Finance, McMaster University
- B.Com. (with honours), Accounting, McMaster University
Professional and community involvement
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV), since 2000
- Elected Director, 2007-2010
- Chair, Events Committee, 2009-2010
- Member, Education Committee, 2007-2010
- Membership Accreditation Process, 2001-2010
Transaction Advisory Services
Considerations around transactions – buying, selling, expanding or restructuring – are major considerations, and oftentimes more questions arise after making your initiative decision to buy (or sell, or expand, or restructure…)
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?
First Nations and Indigenous Advisory
Issues such as land claims and resource development projects are crucial yet delicate matters that impact First Nations and Indigenous communities and need careful navigation with various stakeholders.
How much is your business worth? At what price could it be sold? What percentage should you give up to bring in new investors? Is the purchase worth the price tag?
Litigation Support and Dispute Resolution
Complex matters involving serious disputes is a major distraction to your business and could cost you (potentially) millions of dollars in lost profits.
Fraud Risk Management
You don’t want to think it can happen to you. You want to believe you can trust your employees, colleagues, clients and suppliers. But sometimes it’s something a business owner has to face: Fraud.