Thorough, practical, ambitious.
As you create significant wealth, having independent, objective advisors to help you manage said wealth is crucial. Mindy assists her clients through the challenges inherent to wealthy families and helps them secure peace of mind for today, and comfort and clarity for the future.
Mindy joined Richter in 2006, as its unique family office business model was beginning to take shape as a completely independent entity. This division has since grown, and focuses on wealth management, philanthropy, insurance needs and family governance. Mindy advises clients on the design and implementation of plans to help them achieve their financial objectives, quantifying goals and then determining the most appropriate asset allocation and financial solutions. Acting with complete independence and objectivity, Mindy recommends the proven third-party managers to optimize her clients’ investment strategies.
A skilled financial advisor, Mindy is able to craft and deliver advice that is practical, understandable and relevant to the goals and objectives of ultra-high-net-worth families. Her insights and well-rounded expertise make her a trusted resource for many prominent business leaders and their families.
*Richter Family Office is a registered trade name. The Richter Family Office group is comprised of Richter LLP and its subsidiary,
RFO Capital Inc., a registered portfolio manager. Richter LLP is an independent firm that provides family office, accounting, tax and business consulting services, with wealth, investment advisory, portfolio management and consolidated wealth reporting services provided via RFO Capital Inc.
Fields of expertise
- Family office
- Wealth management
- Relationship management
- Asset allocation
- Portfolio construction
- Investment manager research
- Alternative investments
- Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), 2012
- Financial Management Advisor (FMA), 2007
- Financial planning certificate, Université Laval, 2001
- Life and disability insurance licence, 1995
- Canadian securities course, 1994
- B.A., Concordia University, (With Distinction), 1994
Professional and social involvement
- Jewish Community Foundation – Member of the Investment Committee, since 2018
- Mount Sinai Hospital Foundation – Member of the Board of Trustees, 2014-2018
- Hebrew Foundation School – Member of the Board of Trustees and Past-President, since 2010
- Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) – Portfolio manager, since 2012
- Institut québécois de planification financière (IQPF)– Member, since 2001
- Quoted in “Survey says: How to support clients (or not)
when they want alt investments”, Canadian Family Offices, May 2022
- Quoted in “One risk strategy to consider: barbell investing”,
Canadian Family Offices, May 2022
- Quoted in “How to be prepared for a crisis? Know how things work”, Canadian Family Offices, November 2021
- Quoted in “Best-behaviour protocols keep families on track and out of trouble”, Canadian Family Offices, September 2021
- Quoted in “Councils help families ease into more formal governance”, Canadian Family Offices, September 2021
- Quoted in “Biggest Canadian philanthropists ‘give in a more quiet way”, Canadian Family Offices, August 2021
- Quoted in “Investing for the long haul, or tomorrow?”, Canadian Family Offices, July 2021
- Quoted in “If you need to hire a jet or buy a condo, there’s a family office for that”, Canadian Family Offices, June 2021
- Quoted in an article by Jean-François Venne. “Cabinets comptables: l’équation de la réussite”, Les Affaires. February 2021
- Podcast interview. “IntroCap Interviews”, by Karen Azlen, Introduction Capital. June 2020
Estate and Tax Planning to Protect your Legacy
Integrating your tax structuring is crucial for all ultra-high-net-worth families. This includes will planning, the use of trust, estate planning, and investment structure optimization — all of which maximizes tax efficiencies and minimizes the burden on you and the next generations.
Creating And Managing Your Wealth
Since inception, we have been driven by independence and objectivity. We are not beholden to one investment solution or limited by the number of investment opportunities available to us.
Navigating Family Dynamics – Governance
With great wealth comes great responsibilities towards the community, family members and generations to follow. Developing clear governance systems ensures family harmony and, ultimately, intergenerational success.
Keeping Your Family Safe
Life insurance can be an investment for families to provide liquidity at death or for philanthropic objectives. We help you evaluate if life insurance can meet objectives.
Giving Back To The Community – Philanthropy
Charitable giving is often an expression of your core values; it represents you and your legacy to the community. It can also be a family project that brings the next generation into the fold in a meaningful way.
Preparing Your Next Generation – Financial Literacy Program
Richter’s Financial Literacy program is a customizable way to educate family members around key areas of family wealth and business management.