Business advisory, crisis management & restructuring
Every organization is faced with challenges that can make them vulnerable to crises. When a potential risk becomes a real risk, a company and its stakeholders, with varying motivations and interests, often need to navigate a complex web of decisions. It’s a delicate process that requires clear and objective decision-making by a brand that is trusted in the marketplace.
A crisis is an unexpected and disruptive event that financially impacts not only a company but its stakeholders, including its board of directors, lenders, suppliers and employees, among others. Situations can range from readily identifiable risks such as the loss of a major customer or the impact of litigation, to unforeseen risks such as the impact of global market events or changes in regulations.
Richter has 90+ years of trusted experience in responding to virtually every type of situation. Designing strategies to deal with a sudden and significant event is our expertise. Richter works side by side with companies and stakeholders to assist them in preparing for potential drastic changes in business, helping them navigate the road ahead.
We’ve applied our decades of experience and a tailored, proven process to lead companies through some of Canada’s most significant crisis events and restructurings.
Whatever business challenge or crisis you are facing, we’re in it together. And together, we’ll create the solution. Scenarios that Richter has assisted in include:
- Acting as a restructuring advisor to a company and/or a board of directors in their discussions with lenders or other key stakeholders
- Acting as Monitor, Trustee or Receiver in formal, court-supervised restructurings
- Advising lenders and working with companies on implementing out-of-court restructuring initiatives
- Performing in-depth financial analyses, including cash flow modeling, short- and long-term business plans, to guide companies and their stakeholders to the right solution
- Acting as an objective third party in a shareholder dispute and leading the parties to a solution that benefits the company and its stakeholders
- Advising regulatory authorities in their investigation and compliance functions, or supporting and advising companies being investigated by regulatory authorities
- Helping companies and boards understand of directors understand their preparedness for a crisis event and helping them design strategies and responses in the event that such a crisis was to unfold
- Leading sales and/or investor solicitation processes for companies looking to divest of non-core assets
- Advising strategics, private equity and hedge funds on distressed M&A
- Acting as an expert witness
Meet our expertsThe people behind the expertise.
Adam ShermanMBA, CIRP, LIT
Daniel TannenbaumCPA, CA
Eric BarbieriCPA, CA, CTP, CIRP, LIT
Gilles BenchayaCPA, CA, CIRP, LIT, CTP
Howard GrossCPA, CA, CBV
Julien FinucanCPA, CA, CTA, CFE
Matthew GoldsmithCPA, CFE
Michael PrinskyCPA, CA
Paul van EykCPA, CA-IFA, CIRP, LIT, Fellow of INSOL
Warren LevineMBA, CA
Duncan LauCPA, CMA, CIRP
Katherine ForbesCPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIRP, LIT
Pritesh PatelMBA, CFA, CIRP, LIT
Raymond MassiCPA, CA, CIRP, ICD.D, LIT
Andrew AdesskyCPA, CA, MBA, CIRP, LIT
Benoît GinguesCPA, CA, CIRP, LIT
Gilles RobillardCPA, CA, CIRP, LIT
Mirella PisciuneriCPA, CA
Food for thoughtWhat’s in the news & what you need to know.
2018 Ontario Tax Rate Card.
The 2018 Ontario Tax Rate Card is now available! Download the full copy (available in English only) : Ontario – Tax Rate […]Click to read more.
2018 Quebec Tax Rate Card.
The 2018 Quebec Tax Rate Card is now available! Download the full copy: Quebec – Tax Rate CardClick to read more.
Effective succession planning: 6 questions to ask before getting started.
You’ve worked hard to build a successful business. Throughout the years there were many sleepless nights and client meetings, and […]Click to read more.
A holistic approachfocused on you
Whether for business or personal; with one challenge or our full suite of services, Richter’s approach is always strategic, insightful and all-encompassing. Guided by our values and rooted in trust, we’ve helped clients thrive for over 90 years.